A Control Tower is not a Control Tower if it only provides shipment visibility. Claiming that shipment visibility is a Control Tower is like saying you only need radar equipment and you don’t need Air Traffic Controllers or the ability to have bidirectional communication with pilots. A true Control Tower means:
- finding alternative ways to satisfy customer demand if a shipment is late.
- utilizing detailed dock and yard information to prevent late shipments in the first place.
- knowing your customer’s inventory levels and demand forecast to make your supply chain more resilient.
- managing the challenges inherent in complex supply chains.
IntelliTrans has provided shipment visibility services since 1992, and our visibility platform remains a core part of our business today. However, we don’t stop with visibility, our Control Tower has integrated on-asset monitoring hardware, integrated mapping solutions, and proactive exception notice delivery to our customers and customers’ customers. If you want to take control of your supply chain and do more than look at your shipments, reach out to IntelliTrans. We have a team of experienced supply chain professionals leveraging mature processes and world-class technology ready to drive improvement on your behalf.
In today’s shipping environment, it’s tough to make accurate predictions on shipment estimated time of arrival (ETA); things like yard congestion, weather, service schedules, block size, and resources available compound unpredictability. This unpredictability is causing shippers to turn to freight visibility platforms now more than ever to gain control of their supply chains. In the age of Amazon, it’s not enough to be given ETAs from the outset, shippers need current data points and dynamic ETAs updated throughout the course of the shipment.
IntelliTrans has been innovating supply chain technology for over 25 years. For ETAs, we couple the most current data with historical data analysis on a route. When shippers view our dynamic ETA, they are seeing the past, the present, and the predicted future. We provide intervention services to ensure complete and accurate data in conjunction with machine learning algorithms to find signals in noisy data, allowing us to discover systemic insights and provide more accurate information to our customers and staff.
If your service partners are not providing you with accurate ETAs, better visibility, and incremental value improvement then it’s time to leave them behind. Inaccurate empty railcar supply can lead to facility shutdowns that negatively impact customer relationships, so expect more from your Transportation Management System provider.
After all, if we can order a $10 gadget on Amazon and track it all the way to our front door, shippers should be able to gain the same level of granularity with their $100K+ asset loaded with high-value inventory. Don’t settle with the status quo because it’s easy; IntelliTrans is here to help you navigate change.
The trucking industry estimates it is losing approximately $1.3 billion a year waiting at customer facilities to pick up or deliver cargo. One of the top reasons for driver turnover in the trucking industry is wasted time sitting at warehouse docks; for truckers who get paid by the mile, time is of the essence. And truckers are not the only ones losing. Lost productivity for truckers results in higher rates for shippers.
The Solution: CarrierPoint DockMaster
CarrierPoint’s dock door scheduling tool, DockMaster, is a Web-based application that provides the real-time visibility necessary to make scheduling dock appointments easier and more accurate. By using DockMaster, shippers and carriers can improve communication and reduce errors, improve labor planning and use reporting tools to measure performance.
- Shippers can use DockMaster to schedule pick-ups and deliveries by their selected carriers, routing them to a pre-assigned loading or unloading door
- Carriers can schedule dock appointments quickly and easily via DockMaster without having to make time-intensive phone calls. (Most shippers and consignees estimate their schedulers spend at least 40% of their time on the phone scheduling and managing appointments)
- Automatic or interactive scheduling (your choice)
- Efficient, real-time visibility and communication
- Customizable business rules
- Advance shipping notifications and proofs of delivery
- Cycle time and other types of performance reporting
- Configure an appointment book for any location in minutes based on that location’s business rules
- 2 doors or 200 doors
- 4 hours per week day or 24 hours 7 days per week
- Allow carriers to schedule directly from their browser or require approval for the requested appointment
- Allow inter or intra company visibility of load status – a boon to customer self-service
- Use scheduling as part of a comprehensive CarrierPoint solution, or use it as a stand-alone
- Use outbound and subsequent inbound scheduling to provide Advance Shipping Notification and Proof Of Delivery up and down the supply chain
- Easy to use.
- You can access it from anywhere you have an Internet connection
- Carriers: keep your drivers on the road and not waiting around at the docks
- Shippers: achieve labor cost savings, reduce administrative costs, and reduce detention charges from carriers
- Gain efficiency and reduce congestion at the docks
- Improve communications with business partners
- Maximize the use of dock assets
- Improve labor planning
ONE SHIPPER WENT FROM 64% OF LOADS SUBJECT TO DEMURRAGE TO 15%, IN THE FIRST MONTH!
STREAMLINE YOUR YARD ACTIVITY WITH A WEB-BASED TURNKEY SOLUTION.
The Yard Management Module within IntelliTrans’ Global Visibility Platform will provide you with unique capabilities to manage your rail yards with increased levels of integration and visibility. Finding the information you need is made easy with our querying, reporting, and interactive map features. Key capabilities include:
- Automated data capture with TransCore’s fixed and hand-held AEI readers.
- Interactive maps for visualization and drag & drop switch list creation.
- Railcar images match equipment type, and are color-coded by status.
- Create inbound, outbound, and internal switch lists, including the ability to do this by using “drag-and-drop” functionality on the yard map.
- Generate Bills of Lading.
- Load, unload, and inspect railcars, including assigning orders to railcars.
- Utilization of our Tank Car Loader for optimizing loading of tank cars.
- Reporting & querying tools.
- Calculate detention and demurrage charges.