The trucking industry estimates it is losing approximately $1.3 billion a year waiting at customer facilities to pick up or deliver cargo. One of the top reasons for driver turnover in the trucking industry is wasted time sitting at warehouse docks; for truckers who get paid by the mile, time is of the essence. And truckers are not the only ones losing. Lost productivity for truckers results in higher rates for shippers.
The Solution: CarrierPoint DockMaster
CarrierPoint’s dock door scheduling tool, DockMaster, is a Web-based application that provides the real-time visibility necessary to make scheduling dock appointments easier and more accurate. By using DockMaster, shippers and carriers can improve communication and reduce errors, improve labor planning and use reporting tools to measure performance.
- Shippers can use DockMaster to schedule pick-ups and deliveries by their selected carriers, routing them to a pre-assigned loading or unloading door
- Carriers can schedule dock appointments quickly and easily via DockMaster without having to make time-intensive phone calls. (Most shippers and consignees estimate their schedulers spend at least 40% of their time on the phone scheduling and managing appointments)
- Automatic or interactive scheduling (your choice)
- Efficient, real-time visibility and communication
- Customizable business rules
- Advance shipping notifications and proofs of delivery
- Cycle time and other types of performance reporting
- Configure an appointment book for any location in minutes based on that location’s business rules
- 2 doors or 200 doors
- 4 hours per week day or 24 hours 7 days per week
- Allow carriers to schedule directly from their browser or require approval for the requested appointment
- Allow inter or intra company visibility of load status – a boon to customer self-service
- Use scheduling as part of a comprehensive CarrierPoint solution, or use it as a stand-alone
- Use outbound and subsequent inbound scheduling to provide Advance Shipping Notification and Proof Of Delivery up and down the supply chain
- Easy to use.
- You can access it from anywhere you have an Internet connection
- Carriers: keep your drivers on the road and not waiting around at the docks
- Shippers: achieve labor cost savings, reduce administrative costs, and reduce detention charges from carriers
- Gain efficiency and reduce congestion at the docks
- Improve communications with business partners
- Maximize the use of dock assets
- Improve labor planning
ONE SHIPPER WENT FROM 64% OF LOADS SUBJECT TO DEMURRAGE TO 15%, IN THE FIRST MONTH!
Please contact us today to see how we can help you achieve similar results.
Subscribe to the IntelliTrans Blog
Sign up here for original pieces on global supply chain transparency.