- Lack of intervention on full fleet cycle for 2800 tank cars.
- Customers holding railcars too long.
- Low fleet utilization and high levels of forward-deployed inventory.
Objectives – Improve Fleet Utilization
- Reducing loaded and empty transit time.
- Reducing destination dwell time.
- Establish baseline fleet performance prior to implementation.
- Track, trace, and expedite entire fleet throughout the cycle, loaded and empty.
- Provide Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) services to key customers to facilitate management of railcar deployment at their facilities.
- Average loaded transit time reduced from 8.36 to 7.42 days (0.96 day reduction).
- Average empty transit time reduced from 10.48 to 9.12 days (1.36 day reduction).
- Average destination dwell reduced from 8.5 days to 5 days (3.5 day improvement).
- Average cycle time improved by 5.8 days.
- 50% inventory reduction at key customers.
Total Savings Identified: $3MM
Please contact us today to see how we can help you more effectively manage your inventory and reduce your transportation costs.