- Railroad flatcar equipment ships across North America.
- Return times of equipment back to originating railroad too long – driving low fleet utilization.
Objectives – Improve Fleet Utilization
- Expedite empty flatcars off-line for return back to originating railroad.
- Prevent unauthorized use of railcars by other railroads.
- Resolve misrouted and lost cars.
- Fleet split into control and expedite fleet.
- TransCore intervenes on railcars off-line upon empty release from end customer.
- Visibility to services provided via web-based tools and ongoing, integrated analytics.
- Expedite fleet returned to originating railroad an average of 2 days earlier than the control fleet ($3.3MM).
- Prevented unauthorized use on an average of 30 railcars per month ($0.5MM).
- Resolved an average of 90 misrouted and lost railcars per month ($0.3MM).
Total Savings Identified: $4.1MM
Please contact us today to see how we can help you achieve similar results.